Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It REALLY Doesn't Matter!

I wrote a poem a few months back, which you can read here. Since then, however, my theology has continued to grow. You can easily see that I believed homosexuality to be sinful in the previous writing. I have since given up such thinking - and a great many other views which were limited understandings of God and humanity. So, I have decided to revise the poem to better reflect my stance on the issue. I will leave the original post up as a reminder that we all grow, and that we must embrace that growth, not hide from it.


Born this way or not?
It does not even matter.
For all the back and forth
Is truly silly prater.

To "love each other" is the mandate,
Which is impossible
When our relationship is based
On faulty doctrinal bull.

There is not one on earth who's apt
To look past a person's "flaw"
And love them wholly without judging
And direct conclusions draw

About how to change the inner self.
Evangelized they must be,
For if I cannot save a soul,
How Christian can I be?

But that is where the good news starts
Its not that we are broken
Evangelism is not needed
When only love is spoken.

When love is the glue
Which holds our souls together
There is no gay, no bi, no straight
Through which to spend forever.

I see a human who loves a human,
And that's all we really need.
For without love of every kind
In serious trouble are we indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment