Thursday, December 12, 2013

Your First Birthday: A Recollection

*Disclaimer: None of these images are of the actual event being described.*

Dear Carmen,

It was your first birthday yesterday. Here is an image recollection of how the evening went. Some of the faces, locations, and truths have been changed because, well, in the heat of the moment, no one thought to take pictures. I give you: Your Birthday Celebration!

Once your Mom's show choir got done singing their Christmas program for a nursing home:


Your mother decided to turn down a "road" behind the home that kind of looked like this:


Soon, the car and the truck were stuck in mud:


I looked something like this:



Mommy looked something like this:

 


I really tried to be like this though: 



 Soon, Papa, Uncle D, and Pastor Mike arrived to help get us unstuck: 


After much hard work (and Uncle D getting his truck stuck and unstuck as well), I looked like this: 



In the end, I gave your mom a kiss because I love her in spite of, and sometimes because of, her desire to cause me adventure: 


Happy birthday, kid. What will we do next year?

Dad

2 comments:

  1. I love that :) See, I remembered his bday. Something about birthdays... they stick in my head. Happy Birthday Camden, you're very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Camden is blessed, but so is my son....Carmen. Lol. :)

      Delete