Saturday, June 15, 2013

Relationship Status - Part 2

Dear Carmen,

I promised you more advice on relationships, and trust me I've had a few. I'm going to skip around for the time being and cover It's Complicated. Because....well.....it's complicated. So much so that I think there will be a few more letters than the three that I promised.

It's Complicated: Relationships are sometimes hard work but they are never complicated unless you let them be. If you find yourself in a complicated relationship, ask yourself why. Complications within a relationship are usually a good sign that something isn't right, the relationship needs to be examined for its fruitfulness.

Your relationship with God is the same way, you will always be the reason for any complications. His love is deep and it is powerful, but it is straight forward. My relationship with God has gone through periods and various levels of complication, all of which were of my making. Any time the relationship got weird, it was because I pulled away, allowed anger to interfere, or just decided not to embrace His love.

If you find your relationship with Him is getting complicated, ask yourself what am I doing to make it so. Am I not listening? Am I pulling away from Him? Am I trying to things on my own? When you examine the relationship with a critical eye, you will surely see that the problem lays with your actions and heart and not with Him.

Your Father

No comments:

Post a Comment