Saturday, May 18, 2013

Deer Of Mortality

Deer Crossing Sign

Dear Dad,

What is the big idea? I was sleeping peacefully and you woke me up by slowing the car down really fast! Plus, I think you gave Mommy a heart attack, if her breathing was a hint.

Your Son



Dear Son,

Simply put, we almost died. I came less than a foot from smashing into a deer at 70 miles per hour. There was a car to my left so a swerve in that direction would have meant hitting it. Swerving to the right would have meant hitting the deer as it crossed the highway from left to right, which is uncommon. They usually come from the trees on the right. All I could do was hit the breaks but not slam on them or else I probably would have lost control.

There is no way I should NOT have hit that deer. There are so many ways that situation could have gone differently, so many variables that altered would have meant a serious crash. I should have hit that deer. We should be dead...but we are not.

There is only one reason I can think as to why that is so: God is not finished with us yet. He still has work for all of us to do in this world. We have been given another chance to see that work through and I mean to see it done. I mean for you to see it done as well.

With Love

Your Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment